BBIX, LLC is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm and certified HUBZone small business entity headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with branch locations in Wilkes-Barre, PA and San Antonio, TX. BBIX is licensed to practice A&E design in 35 States. BBIX has been a leading provider of A&E services for the Federal government for over 20 years, providing end-to-end design and engineering solutions by applying their diverse industry knowledge to help their clients reduce product development time, eliminate change orders, meet project milestones, and maintain project costs within budget.
Who We Are...
As a full-service design firm, BBIX specializes in performing projects for the federal government. Since the inception of our company, BBIX has completed more than $875+ million in Design-Build projects and $425+ million in Design-Bid-Build projects for virtually every major agency of the federal government including the GSA, USACE, USAF, NAVFAC, USCG, USDA, VA, DHS, NPS, DOL and the BIA . BBIX’s portfolio encompasses an impressive array of projects ranging from small to large scale renovations, new construction and repairs/replacements/installations of MEP and Electrical systems for a variety of facilities including barracks, bachelor quarters, dormitories, housing, healthcare, medical, office, educational, vocational, industrial and special use facilities.
BBIX’s design services include Architecture, Space Planning, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, Comprehensive Interior Design, LEED Services and Historic Preservation. By virtue of having these services in-house, BBIX offers a single source design center responsibility which is accountable for quality, schedule, and budget. BBIX also has significant expertise in turnkey site development and multiple fast-track designs with short design timeframes. BBIX has an outstanding technical reputation, unparalleled past performance, financial strength, and dedicated corporate culture to bring the very best quality design to the our clients.
In addition, BBIX has extensive experience in performing work on IDIQ, MACC and MATOC contracts. We have performed these contracts both as the Prime Contractor on design IDIQ contracts as well as the Designer of Record (DOR) on MACC / MATOC contracts. Currently BBIX holds 15 active contracts.
BBIX has significant experience in sustainable design and we have completed numerous LEED projects for the federal government. Our recent LEED projects include:
- New Airmen E1-E4 66 Bed Dormitory, Hanscom AFB, Bedford, MA (Targeted to achieve LEED Silver)
- Design-Build New System Management Engineering Facility, Hanscom AFB, Bedford, MA (Targeted to achieve LEED Silver)
- GSA Region 1 Headquarters, Thomas P. O’Neill Building, Boston, MA (GSA LEED CI Gold)
- GSA Renovation of the Historic St. Albans Federal Building, St. Albans, Vermont (LEED CI Certified)
- Acquisition Management Facility, Hanscom AFB (US Air Force; LEED Certified – Government Validated NC 2.2)
- Land Port of Entry Facility at Bridgewater ME (DHS; LEED Silver NC 2009)
- Land Port of Entry Facility at Pinnacle Road, VT (USACE; LEED Certified NC 2009)
- Land Port of Entry Facility at Pittsburg, NH (USACE; LEED Certified NC 2009)
- Land Port of Entry Facility at Churubusco, NY (USACE; LEED Certified NC 2009)
- Kingsville NAS, Bachelor Quarters Renovation (NAVFAC; LEED Certified NC 2.2)
- Meridian NAS Fitness Center, (NAVFAC; LEED Silver NC 2.2)
- Wide Ruins Community School, Wide Ruins AZ (LEED School Silver)
- Wide Ruins Community School Dormitories, Wide Ruins, AZ (LEED Certified)